Open Sew General Guidelines
- There will be a $5 registration fee for both the day and evening open sews. You will receive a $5 credit towards any purchase you make in the shop during the Open Sew for which you registered. The $5 fee cannot be transferred or saved.
- We understand that life happens. However, if you need to cancel your seat, please let us know 48 hours in advance by emailing (email@example.com) or calling the shop (215-316-5696) so we can open your seat. If you do not let us know within this time frame or do not attend, your $5 registration fee will not be refunded but will go toward stocking the Little Free Stitchery Library.
- You are welcome to ask for advice on a project or assistance with how to use a shop machine or tool. However, Open Sews are not time for private instruction. We simply do not have enough staff to work with each person individually. You should be comfortable threading a machine and winding a bobbin before signing up to use a sewing machine station.
- Open Sews were created to help build a strong creative community. To build this community an environment characterized by mutual respect and civility. Every participant in Open Sew is responsible for ensuring that their behavior promotes these goals. Disruptions will not be tolerated and may lead to disenrollment from future open sews and classes offered in the shop.
- Please keep in mind that tools are used by multiple people – including during open sew and classes. We strive to keep things in good working order. However, you should always look carefully at the tool before using it on your project.
- If you break a tool during Open Sew you will be responsible for working with the shop to have the tool replaced or repaired. Please treat our tools as if they are your own.
- Thread will no longer be provided for our shop machines. Please bring your own thread. We will provide bobbins to use, which need to stay with the machines when open sew ends.
By signing up for Open Sew, you agree to abide by these updated guidelines.
|Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm|
|Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm|